Susan I. Paquet
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Toll Free: 1-866-433-6952
Facsimile: (817) 338-0700
Ms. Paquet’s law practice is exclusive to Adoption Law and Assisted Reproduction Law. She has over 30 years of experience practicing in this area of law; Previous to the practice of law, Ms. Paquet studied and worked in social work related fields.
Included in her law practice are independent domestic adoptions, agency domestic adoptions, international adoptions, contested adoptions, interstate adoptions, family adoptions, step-parent adoptions, mediation, adoptions involving the Indian Child Welfare Act, drafting of surrogacy agreements and other assisted reproduction work.
In 1991 Ms. Paquet was invited to join the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys. The Academy is a national association of only approximately 330 selected attorneys across to United States who practice in the field of adoption law. The Academy’s work includes promoting positive adoption laws, and disseminating information on ethical adoption practices.
Ms. Paquet actively practices law, is the supervising attorney of the firms adoption section and also in active in teaching and organizing continuing legal education programs to promote the conscientious and informed practice of adoption law among attorneys.
- University of New Mexico (B.A. 1969)
- University of Arizona (M. Ed. 1972)(Counseling and Guidance
- University of Arizona (J.D. 1976)
- State Bar of Texas, 1983
- Fellow, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys (Board of Trustees)
- Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Parker County Bar Association (Past President)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member, Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association
- Member, Texas College of the State Bar
- Member, National Indian Child Welfare Association
- Member, North American Council on Adoptable Children
- Member, National Committee for Adoption
- Frequent speaker for attorney groups at the State and National level
- Speaker for the National Indian Child Welfare Association Conference
- Frequent presenter for adoption support groups
- Recipient of the President’s Award for Excellence